Mental Health means a lot to us here at Ispire.
With 1-in-4 people in the UK experiencing some form of mental health issue in a given year, there is a pressing need to have qualified people throughout society to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health, and be capable of understanding when someone may be developing or struggling with a mental health issue.
Kate is our qualified Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructor – offering an internationally recognised 2-day training course that qualifies delegates to recognise and work with mental health issues in the first instance, and guide those struggling to appropriate support.
What you get from the course
During the course, delegates will learn how to:
- spot the triggers and early signs of mental health issues
- have confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health problem
- carry out Mental Health First Aid using enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- help someone showing signs of distress and potentially hurting themselves, or others
- prevent mental illness progressing
- assist with mental health recovery by guiding them to appropriate support
- proactively reduce the stigma of mental health issues
The sessions are a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities.
At the end of the course, delegates will receive a MHFA Standard manual that they can take away with them at the end of the course and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say they are now a Mental Health First Aider.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
How to become MHFA accredited
There are two options through which you can become MHFA qualified:
If you’re wanting to personally equip yourself with this capability, attend one of the open events Kate regularly runs. Head to the events listing and book on to the next available edition.
You may be looking to equip your organisation with a pool of MHFA talent that can support your organisation at every level in their mental health. The MHFA course can be run internally for up to 16 delegates at a time, in a location convenient to your budget and employees. Contact Kate to discuss your specific needs.